date: Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:41 PM
subject: Announcing release of version 1.2 of caGrid Core infrastructure
On behalf of the entire caGrid core infrastructure team, I am pleased to announce the release of version 1.2 of caGrid core infrastructure. All the release artifacts can be accessed at https://cabig.nci.nih.gov/workspaces/Architecture/caGrid
Some of the key enhancements for the release include:
- Creation of a simplified Grid Transfer Service to handle large scale data transfer for grid based queries
- Integration with the latest releases of Software Development Kit (SDK) and Common Security Module (CSM)
- Availability of a new Web based Single Sign On Framework, called WebSSO, for providing single sign on capability for web based applications integrated with caGrid GAARDs security infrastructure, based on collaboration with the caBIG Clinical Trials Suite (CCTS) team from the Clinical Trials Management Systems Workspace
- Substantial improvements to usability of tools such as Introduce Toolkit based on user feedback
- Integration with Apache Ivy build system for improved dependency management of sub components within the caGrid core infrastructure
- Early preview to integration with the Taverna Workbench for developing workflows, based on collaboration with the Integrative Cancer Research Workspace
- Backward compatible with the caGrid 1.0 and caGrid 1.1
Feel free to contact us if you have questions or suggestions.
Thank you for your interest in caGrid!
My third project out the door since November.