Friday, January 18, 2008

When life gives you snow, get out your ski gear



Before I left for work yesterday, I looked out the window and saw snow. Instead of panicking like most people in the DC metro area, I decided to throw my ski gear in the car. The closest mountain we have in Liberty in Pennsyltuckyvania, and my new job is 1/3 of the way there.

When packing the car, I realized that my ski jacket was missing. I had lost a little weight, and it was way to big on me (b/c it was probably a little too big to begin with); I had forgotten that it went to Goodwill in my last purge. After work, I went to REI and picked up a new one.

I got to the mountain at 7:30pm, by then it had warmed up and was raining. I was pretty wet when I went in and picked up my Advantage card. By the time I got to the top of the mountain, it was just foggy.

I had so much fun, even though I was soaked by the time I left at 10pm, and my left foot was killing me. I called my chiropractor this morning, and they are setup to do ski boot orthotics (in addition to regular shoe orthotics), so I'm going to see what's up with those at my appointment tomorrow.

wh00t!!

No comments: