Monday, November 07, 2005

Everyone thinks they are an editor

Especially me (to the tune of a free CNN Money Day Planner):

Subject: RE: Editorial Error
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 12:22:47 -0500
From: "Wastler, Allen"
To: theAlphaJohn

Okay, okay, we'll send ya something ... we're out of T-shirts tho.

And in our defense, that last story is pulled from Reuters, so THEY made
the mistake first ... although we shoulda caught it.

Send me your address.

-----Original Message-----
From: a.viewer@CNNmoney.com [mailto:a.viewer@CNNmoney.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 9:55 AM
To: CNNMoney
Subject: Editorial Error

Name: theAlphaJohn

Once again, do you read what your posting before it goes up? The errors
are killing me:

http://money.cnn.com/2005/11/02/news/economy/postage.reut/index.htm

"However, the commission said the rates sought for books and media
materials was too low to cover the cost of handling that mail and
recommended a 12.7 percent." [...] ???

I am not the spelling and grammar police, but when I catch something
it's probably really bad. I would think for the number of times I have
caught an error I'd get a thank you or a tee shirt or banned from the
website -- something.

No comments: