Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Return to the Pool (or: Where have I peed these past two months?)

Last night was my first time back in the pool since June. It was not a spectacular workout by any means: an easy 1200 yards in about 50 minutes, but it felt good to be back. Shoulders are a little tight today, and the chiropractor noticed when he adjusted me this afternoon. The tendon that connects my shoulder to by bicep is inflamed (which is the problem I was having before), so plenty of ice and rest are in order.

The plan is to finish out this week and next in lap swim at Oakmarr, and then move over to Mason's Masters team starting in September. I'm a little nervous about that, but the coach insists that there are 60 year olds on the team whose ass(es) I will regularly kick. We shall see.

I've also been running again the past couple weeks, and that feels really, really good. Nobody else would notice, but I think my endurance is almost back already. The last run through some Eurostyle cross country trails in Reston was awesome, and hopefully the same deal tonight.

I'm easing back into my routine before the school semester starts August 28th. Big fun.

No comments: