Thursday, May 01, 2008

Tired. Exhausted. Burnt Out. 0% Fun.

In general, I've been posting less for three reasons:

1) I don't have much extra time to write (which we'll get into in a minute)

2) When I have time, I'm generally not into it (because of all the writing I do for work and school), and

3) I have been trying to write less nasty/snarky/sarcastic stuff, because it's stale

The last several months have been difficult for me, walking the fine line between being a good friend and making time for myself. A few friends have had some exceptional things happen to them: I want to try and be there for them, but I can't be there all the time, and they don't seem to get that.

Let's take a moment to review my April:

My real job: 176 hours
My old/part-time job: 76 hours
School: 39 hours + an 1 exam, 1 group presentation, and 2 group projects
One friend had surgery
One friend was in the hospital

Oh...and I squeezed in a weekend trip to NYC.

My responsibilities at work increased significantly in April, and I'm struggling to make that adjustment.

The semester is over in two weeks, and my summer schedule is only one class, but I'm pretty cooked. I'm starting to feel like The Giving Tree.

So apologies if I'm distant, don't take it personally. I need some space, and since no one is going to give it to me, I'm going to take it.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

hi

i am sorry to hear things have been rough, to say the least. holler if you need to vent, ok?

when you feel up to it, dinner sometime?