Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Missing In Action...possibly missing inaction

My friends and family have been calling me out of the blue for the past few days, which means they feel like I've fallen off the face of the Earth. It's justified, I was starting to think the other day that I haven't seen many of them in a while.

A quick (and not terribly interesting recap):

work :: surprisingly busy. A couple projects that I'm working on blew up at the end of last week, but the blast was contained and things are finally getting back on track. I like to think of it as a controlled release

school :: next week marks the last week of classes. I have a research paper and a term project due before I can start studying for finals. I had two exams last week, both I studied quite a bit for, both of them I only scored 81 on. Not amused. I only have one week reprieve before my insane summer school schedule (and alternate work schedule) begin.

roomates :: I believe I have two roommates lined up. One has his lease and should be mailing it back with a check in the next week or so, the other should be coming by this week to sign his lease. Both will be moving in at the end of May.

house :: I spent last weekend power washing the house and garage, cleaning the gutters, and working on the lawn. The previous owners neglected the yard in a big way, and I've really just fertilized and mowed for two years (while trying to prune all the shit they planted for 20 years). This year I'm trying to grow grass, which meant an entire day of seeding and patch repair along with daily watering.

biking :: George came by a few weeks ago and helped me get my bike fixed. I have yet to ride it, which is completely lame.

My father is in town this weekend, and I'm really looking forward to April being over. This month has been really insane, hopefully things will normal-up a little by May 1st.

No comments: