Saturday, July 08, 2006

An Afternoon of Squat-Mammals

As George calls them.

Visited the Fairfax County and Loudon County shelters this morning and checked out some puppies. The shelter is kind of heart breaking, I'm sure I'm not the only person who things that. I think seeing all those puppies and kitties living like that makes anyone want to buy a 100 acre farm and adopt all of them.

The most hopeful candidate for Saturday was a boy named Howdy:


Howdy is adorable, already adopted, and a total spaz. I helped a volunteer get a leash on him (in that picture, it looks like he's being held, but he's actually being held down), and when he walked by the other cages every dog in the place barked at him. Not a single Howdy fan in the room.

The surprising favorite was a little girl named Charlene. She is a doberman-mix, but she's is the perfect light shade of brown with brown eyes. She has one of the most beautiful coats I've ever seen, and she was so low key and loving. Sadly, also adopted (and the picture doesn't do her justice):


If she wasn't adopted already I probably would have taken her home. What a little sweet-face.

No comments: