Mary and I are building a web-based survey to help Desktop Support migrate people's desktops from Netware to our own AFS-based file and printer sharing architecture called MESA. To do this, we need to get information from individuals about what equipment they have and what kind of accounts they need and use.
To help validate this, I'm aggregating some HR information out of Banner so we can compare to what people enter, and I got an extract from the fixed asset system to compare what the users enter to known barcodes and equipment.
It occurs to me though that I pulled HR data out of Oracle into SQL Server, massaged it, then pumped it into MySQL. That's like taking ground sirloin, adding Spam, and frying it in coconut oil.