Friday, September 22, 2006

A Crooked Smile in the Journey Toward Academic Apathy

I checked NVCC's online self-service yesterday and my Associates Degree has posted to my academic record. I am now the second in my family to have an AS in General Studies. I ordered official transcripts for Mason so we can finally get my transfer worked out.

Looking over what already transferred, I should have 11 classes left for my BS after my transcript is adjusted for my degree. I'm taking 3 classes this semester, and as long as I don't burn out I'm hoping to continue at that pace. I have enough easy and hard classes to toss an easy in every semester, but what I'm really considering is knocking 4 classes out over Summer 2007. There are three intercessions at 4 weeks a piece, and I could take 2 class in the A session and two classes in the C session provided I don't work (or work as much). We'll see how it plays out, but I might drop to part time or take unpaid leave those 8 weeks to try and bang 12 credits of bullshit classes out (Marketing 301, Finance 301, Management 301, and Business Law).

The only thing that blows in my plan, tuition. I run out of waivers at 12 credits, and I'm looking at 30 credits for the year. I guess that's the price I may have to pay for finishing my BS before I turn 30.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your Associates degree little Johnny. I couldn't be more proud! I love you! ~J

Anonymous said...

I've told you this before, but it's worth saying again - You've got your shit together, so just hang on for the ride. It'll be worth it.