Monday, January 22, 2007

Ouch...that smarts

At Christina's bequest, (read: constant nagging), I finally went to see an orthopedic surgeon about both shoulders on Friday. I've had trouble in the pool and in my strength workouts for a couple months now; nothing serious, but some tenderness, pinching, and occasionally if I overdo it during swim practice I will have a shoulder 'fail' and have to get out of the pool.

I only had to wait a week for the appointment. The orthopedic did a brief exam on range of motion and strength before he sent me back for a set of x-rays (right on premises). I came back in the room with the x-rays and he read them right there. Other than bone spur on the right shoulder, everything is fine structurally. It looks like I have tendonitis in both rotator cuffs. That seems to jive with what I've been feeling.

Prescription: rest, ice, 400mg advil three times per day, and physical therapy.

Fucking swell.

No comments: