Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Idle Mind is the Devil's Playground

I have a lot swimming around in my head right now, and while none of it is terribly life-altering I need to clear my head. While intense cardio is a good way for me to work off stress, the only way to sooth my racing mind is to for a walk (sans iPod) until my ENTJ grey matter has put every unresolved item into the correct bucket. I went over to Starbucks to get a cup of coffee and drove myself over to Mason (which is all but deserted this week) for a stroll around campus.


The weather was perfect (50 degrees and clear) and since there wasn't anyway around I thought I'd snap a few camera phone pics. Here's a nice one of Virginia Statesman George Mason himself, who recently turned 280 years old (if he hadn't died 213 years ago). Mason was the delegate from Virginia who refused to sign the Constitution because it lacked the Bills of Rights.


Even through I drive by this giant piece of art, I've never really taken notice. It's called "America" and was created in 1972. It's almost like a giant, bent, skeleton key. There should be a law that artists should have to interpret their own crazy work and record it on an audio plaque wherever the art is displayed so we don't have to guess what the hell they were thinking.

As for what's on my mind, it's a bit like that huge Thanksgiving dinner that you ate that just won't digest and come out, but it's getting there.

No comments: