Monday, December 12, 2005

In academic terms...

I'm fucked.

Utterly, totally, completely fucked.

My current employer (who also happens to be my institution of learning) sent me my transfer credit evaluation in the mail this weekend, and I have to say I'm not impressed. Mason decided that they wanted to reevaluate everything themselves, so even though NVCC evaluated all of my credit from ACC, they wanted to do it themselves. When NVCC evaluated my 56 credits from ACC, they awarded me 40 transfer credits, but Mason decided to only award me 27. Since I went to ACC early admit from high school, I can certainly understand not giving me college credit for courses I needed to graduate from high school (well, I don't like it, but I understand it), but you can't just discard an entire year of course work I did because I was also in high school -- you don't fucking know which courses I needed to graduate and what I took just to take. Also, there are all kinds of errors in the report, on one line it says "ENG101 [tab tab tab] French II". I sent admissions an email and told them I wanted an appointment to discuss this before orientation this Thursday, because (presumably) I should walk out of there with a schedule of classes.

I've been pouring over my transfer evaluation for more than an hour now, and I've run half a dozen "what-if" scenarios in Banner. I've filled out half a dozen "Request for Transfer Reevaluation" forms and shot those out through inter-office mail.

Ultimately, even if I fight them on what transfers where, I'm pretty sure I'm fucked.

No comments: