Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Poor Bill Gates

Apparently, the IRS has a special computer to handle Bill Gate's taxes:
MICROSOFT founder Bill Gates, the world's richest man, said today the tax office in the US has to store his financial data on a special computer because his fortune is so vast.

"My tax return in the United States has to be kept on a special computer because their normal computers can't deal with the numbers," he said at a Microsoft conference held in Lisbon.

"So I am constantly getting these notices telling me I haven't paid something when really it is just on the wrong computer," he added in comments broadcast on television.

In other news, Bank of America sent me a notice the other day that my escrow balance is too low, so I have to write a check for $915 and then suck up an increase in my mortgage. Dandy. I'm wondering how much longer I'll be able to just stroke a check for something like that. I remember in the old days when I had a war chest, now it's a bit more like a skirmish change purse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Blue Druid once said (well he really said a lot of things but I only paid attention to this one) Job elimination followed by consulting.....time for part two.

the Alpha John said...

the blue druid of the slut of the sea is a smart guy.