Sunday, February 05, 2006

Weekend Update

I had made plans with Meredith to swim on Saturday morning, though my stomach decided to intervene so I could bail out and get a few more hours of sleep.

Annie had contacted me about swimming on Saturday afternoon long after I had made those plans with Meredith, but the timing wasn't good so I let her know that if she bailed and went Sunday instead I'd be open. We ended up playing phone tag all weekend.

Meredith and I had a long conversation Friday night about training cycles and overtraining, and I'm wondering if I had such a rough week last week because I'm looking at my workouts day-to-week instead of week-to-month (I don't think I'll ever need to worry about month-to-year, I'm seven lifetimes from an ultramarathon). I have rest days built into my schedule, but I don't have rest weeks. It may sound stupid, and then you have the kind of week like I had last week and you think "yeah that makes sense".

I slept about 10 hours on Saturday and 17 hours on Sunday, so clearly my body is a little sleep deprived. I'm really starting to think I just can't hang anymore, which is sad. I can barely drink anymore, it's a good thing that Bar Golf was cancelled indefinately.

Enough blogging, back to Calculus. Integration by parts couldn't possibly make my boy parts any more limp.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling the same. My body is not happy with me.

Anonymous said...

If only I'd brought back Maddie Street Dairy milshakes. Your body would be happy THEN. Love you! ~J

the Alpha John said...

Oh, but the Italian Bread from Camerons has been the death of me. Half a loaf in less than 24 hours, that bread doesn't stand a chance against me and my jar of peanutbutter.

Anonymous said...

It occurs to me after reading this again that perhaps Meredith and I should become swimming partners since you keep ditching the two of us.

Anonymous said...

ah yes...recovery weeks. the joy and bane of athletes everywhere. and i think annie is right - you keep bailing and i am going to have to start tapping other resources:)

Anonymous said...

Holler, girl. I'll swim with ya! I could use the challenge.

the Alpha John said...

Umm...could you two just go makeout or something? My blog is not match.com

Anonymous said...

I've been feeling like shit ever since I turned the big three O. I'm definitely a 90's leftover. I've woken up on the front lawn one too many times!

Time flies when you're burnin'out.

G-spOt