Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Counting Crows tickle my fancy



I fired up iTunes a few minutes ago set it to play my "Top Rated" songs randomly. The first song it chose was a live version of "Rain King" by Counting Crows at The George Washington Smith Center in October of 2002. I was at the concert with Trevin (2002 was the year of the concert for both of us I think) and picked up the bootleg about six months later.

This is probably my favorite live song ever: in the interlude before the last verse, the band performs all of "Raining in Baltimore" to the tune of Rain King. Right about the 3 minute mark you can hear the change over, and as soon as Adam belts out the first line you can clearly here my stupid-ass scream at the top of my lungs. And once you recognize my scream, you'll pick it out many other times in the song.

Anyway, have a listen for yourself:

this is an audio post - click to play

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where's the rest Steve?