Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Spending too much time with "the football"

On Friday, George sent me a link to this video:



and in the email said, "you have too much time on your hands if you are making videos like this and putting them online..."

George and I traded some emails on Sunday debating whether or not we should bike on this beautiful day:

From: theAlphaJohn
To: George
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 16:04:51
Subject: my soul is in danger

parents left this am
i slept until 2pm
i'm in my underwear watching laguna beach on mtv, the *worst* show ever

...

bike today/tonight/tomorrow?


Needless to say, we traded emails until George called me about 5:30pm and we decided we were going to go over to Great Falls Park and bike. Only problem was that I only have on bike carrier on my roof rack and his car is ill at the moment (but will be fixed before we autocross in June).

Solution? Drive over to REI, buy another bike carrier, throw it on my rack (which was in the garage and not on my car), and go pick him up at the metro. Though Great Falls Park closed at dark (Sunset: 8:25pm).

In any event, we made it, got about an hour of biking in before deciding GFP is much better for hiking that for biking, then went over to Burke Lake Park (which we pulled in just in time for the gates to closed). We drove around the corner, parked in some neighborhood, then biked back into the park and harassed the silly campers.

Afterwards we came back here, grilled some animal, and watched some crap tv. We were lucky enough to see the funniest Law & Order ever (unfortunately, Andrew was not there to watch it with us). I'll spare you the recap.

Usually during these outings, George and I catch up on things we may or may not have shared with the other since last we hung out. George shared the WRX STi vs the Forrester STi video from Google today, and then decided to send me this email:

Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 01:13:54 +0000
From: George
To: theAlphaJohn
Subject: pony

While looking around the internet i found the little girl who took
your pony...

http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/archives/005633.html


And what is on that blog?

Her Mane Is Obviously Fake

Dad: What are you going to name your new horse, honey?
Little girl with My Little Pony: Skankbag!

Overheard by: Michelle

No comments: