Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I crush Harris Teeter with my anger

As much as I didn't want to, I ran out last night after midnight to pick up a couple things. I knew I wouldn't have time to go Tuesday, and I wanted to stock up on some things I was out of (bread, milk, cheese, silly things like that). I arrived at Harris Teeter a little after 1:00am, and sadly was not surprised to find them out of cheese, milk (yes, out of milk), and gum. At that point I cut my shopping trip short and only bought bread and bananas, and on the way out of the store I read a sign on the door that said "As of May 10th we will no longer be 24 hours". I used to shop at HT all the time, but the one in Fairfax always runs out of milk and orange juice and other things you fucking go to the store to buy.

In a complete state of rage, I went home and shot an email to HT corporate, something to the effect of "You were out of everything I needed, I only went there because Wegmans was closed, and what the hell -- if you're going to run a grocery store that never has milk, close it all together." So I get this response today:

From: "Customer Relations"
To: theAlphaJohn
Subject: case: 561532

Thank you for your email. We are sorry you could not find the items you needed in the Fairfax store. Actually, this store will be closing permanently on 6/2/06. We hope you will be able to visit one of our other locations.

Thanks for shopping with us.

Sincerely,
Harris Teeter Customer Relations


I'd like to think my anger won here, but I think someone finally smartened up and said, "a grocery store without milk is no grocery store at all", and promptly ate a bullet.

No comments: