Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Circus Fat

Ladies and Gentleman, boys and girls, fans of all ages...Kenneth Feld and Nicole Feld are proud to present: the all new 135th edition of Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Baily Circus



[explosion]



[fireworks]



[...]




[cricket]



My friend Erica (who works in Ringling Public Relations) was good enough to comp me a ticket for the circus last Thursday at the Patriot Center. The timing was good considering my Calc class was cancelled and I didn't need to be at Fur for Paul Oakenfold until 11:00pm, so I met Erica and promptly made signs for the news crew while we waited for the rest of her friends to show up: "Ringling kills animals dead", "Feld ruined Pottker's life", and "Serkus is a sin".

I was keyed into the music for the most part, including the Ringling musicians rendition of "Who let the dogs out?" (presumably because they didn't want to pay full royalties to the Baha Men...). The most exciting part was halfway through the show when the band played the Circus Fat theme, which is a cue for kids to beg their parents for more overpriced sugar-substance.

I was glad I didn't see a million former coworkers while I was there, it was nice just to kind of chill with my crew and not be hassled by the multitudes of FELD-bots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After (re)visiting the Circus Fat site I think I just threw up in my mouth.