Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Sleepy Barbies are Dancing on my Eyelids

I've had slight tremors in both hands for as long as I can remember. Typically people don't notice, or if they do they don't say anything. The only time they're pronounced is when I'm tired.

And right now I'm very tired. Not just "I needed another hour of sleep" tired, but "I'm having trouble holding things in my hands" tired.

My first memory of this was when I was a teenager (probably 14 or 15), and my sleep was all screwed up. My parents woke me up from an after-school nap for dinner, and I was drinking a glass of milk and just dropped it. I saw a neurologist for a while, and the creepy thing was that his office was in my old peditrician's office before they built a building and moved (circa 1990). Other than the tremors, he gave me a clean bill of health.

Still, after I got some coffee at Starbucks this morning, it took every ounce of concentration I could muster not to drop the cup between the counter and the car.

Why am I so tired? Part of it is trying to recover from my parent's visit last week, and the long string of late nights trying to get ready for the Calc test I bombed last night.

But I really, really fucking tired. I could sleep right here at my desk.

: : yawn : :

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't get tremors but when I'm really exhausted I get these wierd head twitches, which have always been deemed just a quirk. But I've noticed since I've been sleeping better I'm not getting then anymore.

I'm taking ambien for my insomnia, but I've started taking 500MG of magnesium before bed and even on days I don't take the ambien it helps IMMENSELY and I'm not getting my wierd twitches in my head or crawling antsy feeling sin my legs.

You might want to try it.

http://remedyfind.com/rem.asp?ID=7234