Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Toss Both Sides of the Aisle into the Potomac

I've read quite a bit in the past 36 hours about partisan politics, and I've decided it's time to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Yesterday, The Washington Post ran an article called"When Partisan Venom Didn't Rule", a lovely tale about my least-favorite president, and the perfect, self-less act that Tip O'Neill made after he came out of surgery.

Today I read quite a bit about Hill Staffers defacing the bios of the opposition on Wikipedia. Wonkette has this excellent writeup of everything, but if you want to judge for yourself read Congressional Staffer Edits and the Statement of Dispute

I decided to shoot an email to the author of the Post article:
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:02:36 -0500
To: davidbroder@washpost.com
Subject: When Partisan Venom Didn't Rule

Wouldn't it have been nice if you tied your story together with the
mess going on with Hill Staffers defacing the bios of the opposition
on Wikipedia?

It's time to reboot America. Trafficant was right, beam me up.

I will not be enjoying the State of the Union tonight, I have to wash my hair. It's hard enough nailing down your message, but having to remove all the three syllable words and greater from it has to be worse than listening to that giant Muppet deliver it.

No comments: